Public water system testing in Warrenton, VA analyzes whether a body of water (like hot tubs, ponds, swimming pools, lakes, water parks, etc.) is safe for public use.
Bacteria thrive in these environments. Some of them include:
These germs can cause unpleasant illnesses, like diarrhea and/or skin and ear infections. It doesn’t take a lot to cause an infection either. Swallowing or otherwise coming into contact with contaminated water is enough.
Public Water System Test Types
We don’t have to stress how important water quality tests are. But, there are different ones depending on the need. Most tests are in 1 of 3 categories:
- Bacteriological: These check for indicator bacteria like E. coli, fecal coliform, or total coliform. The presence of these indicator bacteria reveals the presence or absence of harmful, disease-causing bacteria.
- Mineral: Minerals are in most water sources. That isn’t the issue. What’s important is whether the level is low or high. High mineral content in water can lead to several problems, like hard water, stained clothes, bad odors, and more. Public water testing in Warrenton VA for mineral contact checks to see whether it’s at levels that affect either the aesthetic, health and/or cleanliness of the water, Typically, we test for manganese, magnesium, calcium, copper, zinc, iron and others.
- Organic chemicals: These tests conducted if someone believes that a specific contaminant, like pesticides, are in the water system. This test also analyzes petroleum and industrial contamination levels.
- Other tests: This testing is rarer than most because it checks for radiological contaminants, like radon and radium, or heavy metals like lead, cadmium, mercury, and arsenic.
Why Choose Us?
We are Joiner Micro Labs (JML), a Virginia NELAP Accredited Laboratory that performs water testing for the state. We’ve been in business for almost 30 years and our goal is to provide our clientele with high-quality service that ensures the safety of their water systems. To this end, we offer a variety of services that include:
- Private well testing
- Wastewater testing
- Public water compliance testing
Plus, we make the public water system testing process easy and quick:
- Call us and one of our consultants will help you determine the right test for your specific needs. The test, along with a postage-paid box will arrive at the address provided shortly after.
- Get a sample of the body of water you want analyzed using our special container. Once completed, send the sample back.
- Once we’ve received the sample, our experts will examine it and email you the results in a few days.
Our dedication to our clients and our clients speak for themselves. Call us today to see how we can help with your public water system testing needs in Warrenton, VA.