The creation of the EPA, back in the seventies, required institutional, commercial, and industrial entities to improve the quality of their wastewater discharge. Simultaneously, production and population increases have boosted water levels, creating a corresponding rise in the quantity of wastewater. These increases require more efficient methods to remove pollutants and their by-products.
The issue is, many removal methods work in specific instances. What can effectively eliminate one contaminant may not work for another. This is why it’s important to adopt innovative wastewater testing protocols in Warrenton VA. The results from this type of analysis will provide the information needed to implement effective wastewater management practices.
Wastewater Testing Types
Wastewater tests are divided into four main categories:
- Organic or carbon-based compounds: This test measures the concentration of organic compounds in wastewater.
- The concentration of specific nutrients: These tests measure the concentration levels of targeted nutrients, like phosphorus and nitrogen, which contribute to the contamination of water bodies.
- The concentration of solids: These tests measure the concentration of solids and how long it takes for them to dissolve (if at all) in wastewater.
- Physical characteristics like odor, temperature, and pH levels: These tests measure how the aforementioned factors directly impact the treatability of the wastewater.
It’s important to note that although we group these testing categories, they overlap in many ways. Depending on your specific goals, it might be appropriate to use several tests for one sample. The professionals at Joiner Micro Labs have the knowledge and the courteous attitude to help you choose the optimal method for your specific situation.
Why Choose Us for Wastewater Testing
To comply with EPA regulations, like the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Requirements and the Clean Water Act, companies that produce wastewater need reliable and accurate water testing laboratory services. That’s where we come in. Joiner Micro Laboratories is one of Virginia’s leading experts in wastewater testing. Our clients include wastewater facilities, governmental agencies, and more.
We are a Virginia NELAP Accredited Laboratory that performs wastewater testing for entities in Warrenton VA and other places in the state. We’ve been in business for almost 3 decades and we aim to provide our clientele with high-quality services that ensure the safety of their water systems. This is why we offer a variety of services like:
- Wastewater testing
- Private well testing
- Public water compliance testing.
Plus, we make the wastewater testing process easy and quick:
- Call us and one of our experts will help you find the right test for your needs. The test, and a postage-paid box, will arrive at the address provided in less than a week.
- Get a sample of the wastewater you want analyzed with our special container. Once completed, send the sample back to our labs.
- Our experts will examine the samples and email you the results in less than a week.
Our dedication to our clients speaks for itself. Call us today to see how we can help with your wastewater testing needs in Warrenton, VA.